If you notice little pieces of dust puffing out from an air duct, pet hair trapped in a vent or dust coating the grill on the return air registers, it's time for a cleaning! These are strong indications that your home's duct work is in need of a cleaning by a professional.
Inside your HVAC system, fine dust collects on almost every surface. This includes vents, motors, coils as well as the surface of the duct itself. These pieces of dust can include pieces of dead skin, hair, and pet dander which catch onto the dust, and creates a dense layer of we're used to seeing with our own eyes. This is not a good thing as bacteria, mold, dust mites, and allergens can thrive here, causing health issues. While air filters remove most of these from the air stream, they do not remove all of the impurities from your HVAC system. It is essential to periodically check the condition of your air ducts to see if they could use air duct cleaning services. Here are the top five signs that a duct cleaning needs to be in your future.
Top 5 Dirty Air Duct Indicators
1. Open one of your vent covers and look inside. See if it contains any dirt, debris, or matted dust.
2. Examine the return air registers for dust buildup, particularly if there are thick, fuzzy coatings of dust.
3. Pull out the air filter. If the air filter is clogged with dust, then air flow is being blocked off. This allows more dust to settle and build up in the ductwork.
4. Open the furnace compartment. Examine the blower fan and motor for signs of dust as well as the furnace controls. The more dust you see, the bigger issue you have.
5. Look at the air conditioning coil. (You may need to remove a panel.) If the coil is coated with dust or has dust clinging to the housing walls, then the air filter hasn't been working properly.
Any of these indicators show that your HVAC system and ductwork is suffering from too much dust and dirt. If you find yourself with any of these issues, please let us know and contact us today. We would love to take a look and help you out any way we can. Contact us at (219) 309-9314 or email at email@example.com